If last year was the year of me discovering apparently cool bands and only listening to indie stuff and being a bit alternative (Arcade Fire, Muse, Foos) then this year....hasn't.
2011 has been the year of POP (and some other stuff)! From Gaga to Rihanna to Florence and Crystal Castles - and a few other treats - here are my favourite songs that I've listened to non stop in 2011. (Btw they didn't necc. come out this year, but I got into the song this year).
Top 10 Favourite Songs of 2011
1. Radical Face - Welcome Home Son
- a song that reminds me of climbing in France, the link is a climbing video with this song as the soundtrack!
2. Crystal Castles ft. Robert Smith - Not In Love
- a new discovery, I just can't stop playing this
3. Lady Gaga ft Beyonce - Telephone
- awesome. that is all. brilliant, brilliant lyrics.
4. M83 - Midnight City
- this song was always played at the start of Made In Chelsea, and I had to look it up. A lot of their other tracks are awesome too, specially Graveyard Girl and Couleurs.
5. MGMT - Electric Feel
- I know, it's an oldie but a goodie and I only heard it this year. It's on my next-book-soundtrack...
6. Rihanna - S+M
- kinky but fab. This song reminds me of this evening out
7. Florence + The Machine - Dog Days
- another song that reminds me of climbing in France again and being in the sunshine :)
8. Adele - Set Fire to the Rain/Someone Like You
- just heartbreakingly beautiful songs.
9. The Killers - This Is Your Life
- as per this lyric day :)
10. Florence + The Machine - You Got The Love
- after this lyric day, I did then go back + listen to Flo's version many, many times :)
Special mentions also have to go to the Tron Legacy OST by Daft Punk *and* the awesome remix version. Plus The Social Network OST. I've also listened to a lot of RATM, Pearl Jam and some Nine Inch Nails. What a year.
What have been your favourite songs this year? Let me know below :)
Thank you + goodnight
Stupidgirl has left the building