5 Feb 2011

Sharing - a quick post about my blog roll

Morning from London-town everyone. It's 9:05am here - this has to be a record for my earliest post ever! I know I normally do a photo essay today *but* this week has been crazy with work, and I've been feeling a bit down, so I've not got all my pictures ready yet. The theme was `A Day in the Life` and promise I will post them on Monday instead.

So apologies over with, today's post is about other peoples' blogs! I wanted to do this because I have received so much support from other bloggers for my writing and blogging - most of whom are on my blog roll. I thought I'd repay their kindness and give them a little shout-out - and you guys can read some fabulous new blogs. In no particular order, they are:

Graffiti Living If you like tea, japan, writing, blogging and general interesting indie boy type writing, you'll love this blog. Thought provoking, open, honest and well written, the author of this blog is a dude!

The Crafty Bat Stuff on gender, motherhood, sport, writing - and the odd post on the rock god that is Corey Taylor, this lady has supported my writing in so many ways but her blog is always very articulate, intelligent and well written - head her way!

Steampunk + Synthesisers Seattle based steampunk author Ren waxes lyrical about writing, blogging, music and his journey to getting published! For more, check out my exclusive interview with him here!

From Student to Midwife Time for something a little different, but do check this blog out - does exactly what it says on the tin! If you like One Born Every Minute, then you'll love this honest account of life training to be a midwife.

How Did I Live Without It If you like crafty sewing projects, fashion, gadgets, Lakeland and have a good sense of humour then this blog is for you. Written by the fabulous @aliamck, check out my interview with her here!

DemonWrangling101 Stuff about personal challenges, writing, living with 2 kids, being a single mum, disability - all written by the fabulously articulate Jo! Also great stuff on her 101 things in 1001 days challenge. Check out my interview with her here

Vampire Wonderland Dark gothy thrills + noir with a dash of romance from my friend across the pond, Will Kravitz. If you fancy a trip on the dark side, check this one out - possibly with a glass of wine in hand!

Siren of Brixton Wonderfully articulate blog on writing, blogging, politics, style, creativity and more. Check this lady out - she's a good 'un - and been a good support + inspiration for my writing. Plus she's a Sarf Londoner too :)

Voices for the Library Love your library? Don't want to see literacy, community spirit, free books, freedom of information + freedom of speech + much more disappear due to ConDem policies? Visit this site to learn how to support your libraries. Also check out my blog post on it here

Julie C Gardner Another lovely writing blogger who lives on the sunny side of the pond! Fun, friendly, supportive, articulate and interesting posts about another lady on her journey to becoming a published author!

Emlyn Chand This lady is a true inspiration to me - her blog is so generously jam packed full of advice on how to get the best out of social media + blogging if you're a writer, plus book reviews AND her very exciting twitter-views series. Watch out for yours truly being interviewed live on twitter on Feb 22nd 9pm UK time!

Couple more shout-outs for blogs that I love - JM Tohline, Query Shark

Also check out these newbie bloggers - they haven't done loads of posts, but I think they're interesting, so I'm trying to encourage them to write more.... Please Don't Kiss the Cook (this one is cute + great recipes), Sick + Tired and finally Gryfon's 101 Things in 1001 days.

All these people in many different ways, have supported, helped + inspired my writing - whether they know it or not. So here is my opportunity to say THANK YOU! Hope you find some new blogs to follow and enjoy. We need to support each other - it's a scary world out there sometimes.

Thank you + good morning,

Stupidgirl has left the building

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for including me in your blog roll - so flattering.

    And what a way to kick off my weekend...

    Hope yours if simply fabulous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inclusion of the Voices For The Library site, Becky. :) & thanks for your support too. Gary (VFTL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for including me :)

    ReplyDelete