Okay so I am just going to brazen it out and pretend like I've been blogging lots and there's not been a whole massive gap between now and the last post erm...
So to start - a good link for you from the Grauniad about, quelle surprise, fiction writing:
'pologies if you've already seen this on twitter but I thought it was very good/funny/depressing/honest
Key tips for me included never opening with the weather or over doing the exclamation points (thanks Elmore Leonard). General tips on the mechanics of writing such as using pencils and paper but at a push wood, or even your arm will do as well as using a nail file as a rudimentary pencil sharpener (thanks Margaret Atwood)
Good tips also from Roddy Doyle "
Please do support your library and campaign to keep them open and funded
5) Rock climbing - I'm still going on this one, even though I am farking terrified of heights. But I climbed in the Alps last summer so well worth it. I plan to try karate this year. Lara Croft will have nothing on me
6) Nanowrimo - I actually wrote 50k words in one month. They are in serious need of editing and um, actually finishing of the book, but hey, I did it. Although I do appear to be QUEEN OF THE ADVERB. Seriously.
That's all for the highlights of 2010 so I'll leave you with this years resolutions:
1) Finish book
2) Edit book
3) Think about sending book to agents
4) Turn 30 (in July, presents can be purchased at Tiffany or at your local bookstore, either is good)
5) Attend a belly dance class
6) Attend a karate class
7) Learn to knit (needles + wool purchased, casting on not going so well)
8) Write my blog on a semi-weekly basis
9) Sound more intelligent on twitter
10) Maintain appropriate levels of cake + chocolate intake to ensure maximum happiness
Thank you + goodnight, stupidgirl has left the building