16 Apr 2011

Fun with Leeds - a rather silly girlie weekend photo essay

(Advance warning, terrible video of me doing karaoke at the end)

So last weekend I went up to Leeds to see some very good friends of mine for a much planned and awaited weekend away with the....



The weekend commenced with an INCREDIBLY early trip to Kings Cross but as the sun was shining and we had our starbucks lattes, we definitely felt like we were on...


After arriving at Leeds, we spent some time in the sunshine admiring the view....


And gossiping and listening to some music....


We then headed back from the pub in the sun to make ourselves look pretty....


Before heading out for some food...


Now we were ready to rock...




We headed off to do some karaoke first (would you expect anything less?).....




After exhausting the playlist at OK Karaoke - we sang a mix of Rage Against the Machine, Nirvana, Christina Aguilera, System of a Down, Avril Lavigne (yes really), Aretha, Lady Gaga, Journey and finished with the Foos.....we then headed off for a bit of a boogie...



Finally we got home and went to bed around 4am....before we awoke feeling like this...(except without the roses, and less good looking)


After a wonderful fry up and endless mugs of tea, a lovely walk in the sunshine, we said our farewells and headed off to get the train home....


So thanks to Sara, Rach, Mel and Sam for an awesome weekend away. Also full credit for pics 7-11 goes to Mel, our awesome photographer! From these pictures it would seem like I partied entirely by myself (which is possible) but more, I just forget to take pictures when I'm hogging the karaoke mike/dancing barefoot having a good time!!

And finally, finally, I can't believe I'm putting this on here.....a video of us BUTCHERING Alone, by Heart. It's like Glee, but oh so much worse better....In fact the best bit is at the end, when my co-star sits down and I say...."But it's journey next...." Oh! the shame...(for some reason embedding the vid doesn't work...so here's a link http://youtu.be/9yvx12GeD0E - just c+p into your browser)

So that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll be back with er, my top 10 karaoke tunes......

Thank you and good night

Stupidgirl has left the building

No comments:

Post a Comment